Sunday 20 January 2013

I'm late! I'm late! I'm late I'm late I'm late!


It's a Saturday morning and where I live there's hardly any taxis.  And I was desperate because I needed to get to a conference by 9:30 AM and I hate to be late (do I hear my friends laughing?  I tend to be late for friendly appointments).

Well.  My taxi driver must have detected my frantic tone and he said "Miss, I can get you there safely but I cannot promise you to speed ah.  Saturday morning traffic should be easy, but you cannot pass your responsibility of being on time to me."

Wow!  words of wisdom 

"you cannot pass your responsibility of being on time to me."


how many of us would board a taxi and tell the taxi driver "I'm late, please hurry." and the driver now bears the responsibility of getting us there fastest while taking the brunt of blame when we are late?

Let's be kind to our taxi drivers and exercise self-discipline and personal responsibility.



No comments:

Post a Comment